What is the best overall fitness tracker


I have the fitbit charge 2 and I love it, but the band broke on it and now I am contemplating weather I should upgrade to a newer better fitbit or just spend $15 and get another band for it. So I did some looking around as to what 2018 has to offer for fitness trackers.

If you are like me, you don't just do one type of activity. You like to run, as well as do crossfit or hit the gym and then on the weekends you like to play a game of pick up ball or go for a long hike. So I am looking for something that tracks all sorts of activities. Since I am a runner, I do want something that is pretty good for running and tracks my miles accurately, so I would like something with a GPS. Currently I have to use the nike + app for anything running related. Also I want something that is going to track all of my other activities from lifting weights to doing yoga or going for casual walk.

After doing a little research I found some great tracking watches for specific activities, for example, if you were just a runner and wanted a great watch to track your running, you would be better off getting a garmin which has everything a runner would want, but if you want something that does it all the best fitness tracking watch brand I could find that does a little bit of everything is fitbit.

So now that I narrowed it down to a fitbit, I wanted to know what all my options were. I know there are very basic ones that just track your steps and goes all the way up to their new ionic fitbit that is trying to compete a little bit with the apple watch.

Currently I have the charge 2 which tracks my heart rate, steps, miles, stairs and calories burned. It can also track all sorts of activities from running to lifting weights to yoga. This is all I pretty much need, but the only drawback to this fitbit especially for someone who runs is that it isn't connected to GPS, so you have to open up the fitbit app on your phone and use the app so it can connect to your phones GPS. Not having a great running tracker is really the only draw back for me, and if you have no need to track running, I think this would be the best fitbit they have out right now.

So I wanted to see if it would be worth looking at some of the new fitbit watches to see if it was worth upgrading. Currently there are three watches that are above the Charge. They are the surge, blaze and ionic watches. All three watches have the basic heart rate, steps, miles, stairs and calories burned, but each has a very different features.

The fitbit surge is one of only two fitbits that have GPS to accurately track your distance. The surge also has a notification feature that shows when you have a phone call or text message. This is also one of the very few fitbits that don't have interchangeable bands. It only comes in three colors and you can not buy replacement bands for this device.

The fitbit blaze does not have GPS but can be connected to GPS through the fitbit app, so you must have your phone right next to you. Something new with this fitbit is that it comes with workouts already downloaded onto the fitbit, so its like having a built in coach. The blaze also has a color screen and comes with the option to change or replaces the bands on the watch. The blaze also has the notification features which lets you know when you have a call, text or even an email.

The fitbit ionic has everything you would need and more. This is other fitbit that has GPS already it it and has some great new features. The ionic can store and play music from the fitbit, all you need are some wireless headphones. It also has many popular apps connected to the fitbit and can be used just like a smart watch. You can even answer a phone call if you wish and comes with many alerts and notification. Something else this watch can do that no other fitbit can is get wet. You can actually go swimming with this watch.


After a lot of deliberation, I think I am going to suck up the $300 price tag and go for the fitbit ionic. It has everything I could need and more. It has the GPS tracking which I really wanted for running. The selling point for me was the ability to play your music through the fitbit so there is no need to strap my phone arm band on anymore!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want to prevent joint pain

Do you really need to stretch after working out

How to get in some extra exercise around the holidays